How, where and when to apply? is the first and foremost question need to be answered when you planned to pursue education overseas. International students can use the centralised CUCAS (China’s University and College Admission System) website, or apply directly to the university .
Universities’ academic year in China normally conducts classes in two semesters, Spring semester and Autumn semester except for a few ones implementing 3-semester system.
The first semester begins on autumn of each year while the second semester starts on spring.
Application Deadline: It is important to note that every university has specific application deadline for each semester. Application Time Table for Autumn Session The table helps students who wish to study regular degree programme or long term programme starting from September.
1 . Late February/ Early March: Applicants can start to apply for degree programmes begins on autumn sessions.
2. April to May Most programmes are open for application during this time. Applicants should submit their applications as early as possible. Please be aware that early applications will be favored when vacancies are limited.
3. Late May Applicants who have submitted applications in March 2010 will receive their admission results and prepare for departure.
4. June Admission letters for early applicants are delivered.
5. Late July Official application deadline for most of the universities. Applicants are suggested to submit the applications before the date.
6. Early August Admission Letter and JW202 form will be delivered 4 weeks before programmes start. Applicants should apply for a Chinese visa at their nearest Chinese Embassies and Chinese Consulates with their original Admission Letter, original JW202 form, and valid passport.
7. Early September Classes commencement date for most universities in China. Accepted applicants should arrive in school before that date.
8. Late September Late applicants are welcome to register if they are capable of adapting to the class.
Application Timetable for Spring Semester The table will help students who wish to study regular degree programme or long term programmes, begin from September.
1. Late October: Applicants can start to apply for programmes begins on spring session.
2. November-January Most programmes are open for application during this time. Applicants can submit their applications. Please be aware that early applications will be favored when vacancies are limited.
3. December Applicants who have submitted applications in October or early November will receive their admission results by e-mail.
4. Early January Admission letters for applicants will be delivered. Applicants should apply for a Chinese visa at their nearest Chinese Embassy or Consulate with their original Admission letter, original JW202 form, and valid passport.
5. Late January Official application deadline of most universities. All applicants are suggested to submit the applications before that date.
6. February (before programme started) Late applicants are still welcome to register if they are capable of adapting to the class.
7. Late Febuary or early March Commencement of session for most spring programmes in China. Accepted applicants should arrive at school before that date issued on admission letter.